Pages

Friday, August 8, 2014

Here's To Hoping These Feelings Never Go Away


"Let us spend our lives chasing the tiny moments of grace 

that hide in borrowed breaths, 

stolen glances, 

and the last instant before smiling lips come to rest"

 -Tyler Knott Gregson-

This past summer has gone by far to fast, however, in May as I was designing my photography website (which you can view here), I came across this quotation from Tyler Knott Gregson. It stuck with me, and honestly, I feel that's the reason why I haven't posted over the summer... I've just been taking it all in without caring to share it with the world. 

This summer, for me anyways, has been all about living in the moment, and simply embracing the all of the emotions because these are the things that will make up the fingerprint of my life. It is all a part of the glorious adventure. 

Every single second of it. 

As I've become more conscious about opening my eyes to the little things, it has become clear: 

I am abundantly blessed & God has given me a wonderful husband. 

All summer, I've found myself realizing just how much I love the little things in our everyday life.  Like the fact that I get butterflies & excited to see Austin after a long day of work. Or if I get home and he's not home yet, that I get disappointed and miss him.  I love our evening chats across the dining room table, and I love that even after we're married we can still talk for hours. I enjoy listening about his woodworking and always waiting for the "Does that make sense?" A phrase that I can always count on coming out of my husband's lips. Another favorite highlight are the tickle fights in the middle of the night, even though they make my ribs ache from laughing (I'm fairly certain Austin's ribs hurt from my "violent reaction" to his tickles.) And finally, my very very favorite part of our everyday life is bed time. While it's often myself, Austin, and some sort of woodworking youtube videos,  along with our iPhones, it somehow completes my day and I go to bed thinking that all is well in the world. 

All of these little things have helped my realize that I really have married my best friend. He's a guy named Austin Papp, and I think he's flawed in all the right ways. 

I'm not sure what I was expecting to happen when I got married, however, my expectations (which were high) have been exceeded by far. Just the other day I told my best girl friends that I love being married.

 It's true, I do. 
I love him with every part of my heart, & I cannot imagine my life without him.

I do not know if these feelings last forever, but I'm going to do my best to make sure they do. They keep me excited about life, and I suppose, in turn, that means Austin keeps me excited about life. 

So here's to hoping these feelings never go away. 
That they'll only get better with age.
That my searching hand will always find his. 
That our eyes will never fail to meet. 
That my heart will always be his & his mine. 
That we will forever remember where it all began. 
That on the day Christ calls us home we will smile because we lived. 
We lived happily with one another. 
Loved one another. 
Cared for one another. 
And laughed with one another. 
Let these feelings stay a lifetime. 




1 comment:

  1. Spot on Rachel! To answer your question, the "feelings" may go away at times but God intends for us to draw on His strengtht to continue loving our husband no matter what - and that's the beauty and power of Christian love! Prayers and Blessings, Love, Brenda :-)

    ReplyDelete