Pages

Friday, March 27, 2015

Ten.

We currently have one empty room waiting to be decorated. To be honest, I know how I want to decorate it, and I even have a few things to put in it, however, the whole task seems a little daunting. I do think that we’ll see some progress on it in the next few weeks, though! 






My routine doctor visits are now scheduled every two weeks. While I find those doctor visits a little repetitive and slightly annoying because I have to miss some work, I always enjoy hearing my child’s heartbeat. It is usually a steady & healthy 140 bpm.



Meet Raustin! He was our kitten for 2 weeks before we had to give him away due to his kitty smell.

I am in the home stretch, also referred to trimester number three. During my first trimester, I had the lovely opportunity to experience my sense of smell on a whole new level. Smells often made me nauseated. New rugs, cats/kittens, and the Indian food the seamstress downstairs made were probably my worst enemies for a while.  My second trimester was pretty uneventful… I actually got much of my energy back, and was just waiting around for our child to start kicking. It made its presence known around week 22. Finally, in my third trimester, I've been rather exhausted. However, our child has proven that it can be quite the active little person when it wants to be.


I have had a total of four different people touch my stomach, and all of them made me feel very awkward. I’m not sure what the consensus is about people touching your stomach, but I feel very odd when people try to touch mine, but even more awkward when they succeed. I mean, usually the child isn't even moving, so people are essentially touching just your regular stomach. How would you feel if someone came up to you and put their hand on your stomach? I tell you, it’s just little weird. Or maybe most pregnant people love it, and I’m just weird because I have a bubble that is not to be invaded. 


Working five days a week is proving to be difficult. Tiredness has no boundaries, and this has become clearer every day when I go to work. Sitting at a desk five days a week just isn't as easy as it used to be. 

Sporting one of my favorite new shirts at a wedding I photographed a few weeks ago!
I have purchased a total of six maternity clothing items. 3 shirts, two tanks, and one pair of jeans. Up until a few weeks ago, I was making my old jeans fit. And by fit I mean that I did the pants dance every morning, and immediately took those babies off in exchange for some sweatpants when I got home.  (One can only handle a button pressing into their bladder for so long!) The jeans are phenomenal. They are definitely my favorite purchase. And what really blew me away is that you just buy your normal size and they magically fit your pregnant body!



I feel bad for Austin because I’m sure he hasn't gotten seven nights in a row of uninterrupted sleep in quite a long time. Unfortunately, the frequent trips to the bathroom, tossing & turning, leg cramps, and the several pillows I sleep with aren't compatible for co-sleeping. 

I’m supposed to be drinking eight cups of water (64 fl. Oz) every day. For someone who just doesn't get thirsty, the struggle is real. Very real. I constantly have to remind myself that I need to drink water, and then some. 


Nine times out of ten I’m craving ice cream. Any good flavor will do. My friendship with ice cream (or really any dairy) is bittersweet. I love the way it tastes, but it most often makes my stomach hurt. However, the want for ice cream has been great during this pregnancy, and thus my willpower to say no has not been overcome. Austin is always teasing because he says I never wanted ice cream this frequently before. I would have to agree.



We're going to be great parents. Obviously. 
Finally, as of Wednesday, we only have Ten weeks until we meet our first child.  Ten weeks left of just the two of us. Ten weeks to prepare a room to welcome it home to. Ten weeks to think about the fact that this child will eventually want to come out, and it’s going to need my help to do it (dun-dun-dunnn...) Ten weeks to prepare ourselves to be parents. Ten weeks to prepare ourselves to have our lives changed forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment